- Go to Team Drive for Zoom in Zoom Marketplace
You will now see the following authorization request screen. Splain will access your Zoom account for:
- Getting notifications when any recording is available in your account
- Getting your account e-mail
- Downloading the recording and uploading that to your Team Drive
- Optionally, set Splain to delete your recordings in Zoom
Splain gets to access only your Zoom recordings and user profile as presented in the consent screen. Splain do not have access to any of your other Zoom data
Splain will perform the authorization sequence with Zoom and get access for your recordings and the user profile.
Providing the access to your Team Drive
You will see the following screen after the above step. Just click on "Authorize App" option which will trigger Splain get consent to access your Team Drive account.
The next screen will present you with your google accounts to sign in. Please select one of the email address that is shown in the screen or type down yours if you don't see it on the list.
You will be prompted to Allow access for Splain to access your Team Drive. Click on "ALLOW".
Splain creates a folder named "Zoom Recording" in your drive folder. This is the only folder Splain connector has access to. Splain do not have access to any of your other Team Drive files.
Congratulations ! you are done and all of your zoom recordings will now transferred to your Team Drive.
You can set the option of deleting your zoom recordings in the setup page.
or Deleting the recordings in Zoom
Splain connector provides an option for you to choose whether you want to keep a copy of recording in Zoom or trash it. Since your recordings are moved to Team Drive, you might want to trash your recordings in zoom cloud storage to save the space.
Go go "Config" tab in the Team Drive for Zoom app in Zoom Marketplace
Click on "config"
Check the 'Delete Recordings...' checkbox
From now on, all your Zoom recordings will be automatically moved to Trash and Zoom empties the Trash folder every 30 days.
Splain provides a simple report to show the status of each recording upload. This will be useful for audits.
- Go go "Manage" tab in the Team Drive for Zoom app in Zoom Marketplace
- Click on "config"
- you will see the following screen. Go to "Reports" tab to see the report
Uninstalling the connector
- Visit Team Drive for Zoom connector page in Zoom Marketplace
- Go to "Manage" and then "Uninstall"